Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gala Day approaches...... 3 days to go!



Gala Day is looming and though I didn't get everything finished that I wanted to, I still have quite a good selection of things. So hopefully things go really well in the weekend! As I have said previously many of things I have made are things I wouldn't normally make, like the change mat and burp cloths on the left... but I was alreaady making baby stuff for a friend and needed to use up the left over fabric. They were quite fun to make, especially once I remembered that my machine has a walking foot, so then the fabric was trying to go slide in two different directions!

My kids are also looking forward to the Gala Day, with all of them offering to help on the stall though I can imagine that the lure of watching the pig racing, the peting zoo and now the addition of Pony rides, working with mum will not be so exciting. Actually my eldest wanted to help me price everything, except his idea of pricing was revolving around the notion that the higher the price the more money you make.....lol unfortuantely he failed to take into account that if the price is too high people wont buy, but at least his head was in the right place. There will be plenty of bargains to be got with many of my accessories such as headbands and brooches starting at $2 so there will be something there for everyone to buy! So if you are in the area or know people in the area, tell them to come check it out at the Mt Maunganui School Gala Day on Saturday!

******************
Once Gala Day is finished I'll have some more time to work on my little side project and then once I've got the idea firm in my head I will be able to share it with you all. I can tell you that it is very exciting... well to me it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment